Assistant Directors assist the Site Director. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Planning, supervising, and implementing the program for child care in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the center
- Gearing the program to the needs of individual styles and paces of learning.
- Considering individual children in relationship to their cultural and socioeconomic background.
- Treating parents, children, and all staff members with dignity and respect.
- Helping children become aware of their roles as integral members of a group.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, decor, and learning environment of the Community Learning Center.
- Assisting the director in explaining the program to visitors.
- Assisting the director in supervising the child care staff, ensuring the smooth coordination of all activities, and directing staff and children inter-relationships.
- Assisting the director in staff-training activities, demonstrations, and staff evaluations.
- Assisting the staff in the effective use of parent/caregiver childcare assistants.
- Assisting the director in the ongoing evaluation procedures needed to assess the developmental levels of the children.
- Assisting the director and staff in family-center relationships.
- Attending all staff meetings and recommended training programs.
- Attending meetings and conferences of professional organizations appropriate for early childhood education, sometimes as a representative of the center in place of the director.